To apply, mail your resume and cover letter to:
Adventure Programs and Education: Bdlg. 2429 Specker Ave, Fort Carson, CO 80913
Phone: 719-526-5176 / Fax: 719-524-3211 / E-mail: email@example.com
What is Adventure Programs & Education?
The APE Office is the adventure programming wing of the Outdoor Recreation Complex, a state of the art, multi-sport, recreational facility that serves the community of Fort Carson. The Outdoor Recreation Complex is located on Fort Carson, an army base south of Colorado Springs, CO. The facility houses Mountain Post Outfitters retail store, an equipment rental center, a 756sq. foot indoor climbing wall, the Alpine Tower Challenge Course and Outdoor Climbing facility.
What can I expect from an internship at Fort Carson?
You make your internship at Fort Carson your own! During the winter and spring we provide instructional programs in ice climbing, resort skiing and snowboarding, backcountry skiing, cross country skiing and snowshoeing, high and low ropes courses, youth programs, rock climbing, and mountain biking. Every intern is expected to be familiar with each activity but you can direct your focus. Interns will be involved in all of the behind the scenes logistical and administrative aspects of running a adventure program. In addition, interns will be responsible for creating and facilitating a three day youth adventure camp and involved in the implementation of multiple special event programs for the community on the base.
Perks of the Fort Carson Internship
- Expand your Professional Network
- Gain insight into the management of military recreation.
- Work with the Department of the Army Award winning Recreation Program.
- Location, location, location! Live where everyone else comes on vacation.
Interns must be pursuing a college degree and need an internship/work study as part of their curriculum. Students pursuing degrees in recreation related fields are preferred, but exceptions have been made.
- MUST BE ABLE TO LIFT AND CARRY OBJECTS WEIGHING UP TO 100 POUNDS.
- MUST HAVE SIGNIFICANT PERSONAL OR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE IN ONE WINTER ADVENTURE SPORTAND BE FAMILIAR WITH MULTIPLE WINTER ADVENTURE SPORTS (DOWNHILL SKIING/SNOWBOARDING, ICE CLIMBING, CROSS COUNTRY SKIING, SNOWSHOEING, ETC.)
- MUST COMPLETE RED CROSS FIRST-AID AND CPR CERTIFICATION PRIOR TO ARRIVAL.
- MUST COMPLETE DRIVER’S TRAINING.
- MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE.
- MUST BE A HARD WORKER AND POSSESS THE SKILLS TO INTERACT PROFESSIONALY WITH A WIDE RANGE OF CUSTOMERS.