Waller Physical Fitness Center6946 Magrath Ave Building 2357 Telephone: (719) 526-2742 Monday-Friday: 5 a.m. – 10 p.m. Saturday, Sunday, Training Holidays and Holidays: CLOSED
The newly renovated Waller Physical Fitness Center is proud to provide quality programs & services to Soldiers, Family Members, Retirees, DoD Civilians, and eligible contractors on Fort Carson.
Waller Physical Fitness Center’s three weight rooms are equipped with the newest, state-of-the-art, plate-loaded machines, selectorized (pin-select) equipment and free weights, with weight plates and dumbbells ranging from 5-180 lbs. Our largest weight room, a 3,800 square foot new addition to the facility, houses the plate-loaded equipment. In addition, Waller PFC offers a sauna, a hot tub, showers, and day lockers.
Waller PFC offers modern aerobic training equipment, to include eleven treadmills, six Summit Trainers, seven elliptical trainers, six recumbent and six upright bikes, as well as a step mill, four indoor rowing machines, and two Adaptive Motion Trainers (AMTs).Cardio Theater is provided on the cardio equipment for your personal enjoyment on six different televisions. In addition, most cardio machines are equipped with iPod cables.
- A TRX frame with 14 TRX straps, a speed bag, medicine balls, stability balls, and exercise mats are available for your work outs in the multi-purpose room.
- A room for Crossfit-type training houses two Olympic lifting platforms with bars & bumper plates, a glute-ham developer, two Concept2 rowing machine, slammer balls, medicine balls, plyo boxes, a heavy bag, and a 35’ wall-mounted pull-up system.
- We offer nine free group fitness classes per week (see current schedule). All classes are taught by certified instructors in our 1,640 square foot classroom.
- Free Personal Training with one of our four certified Personal Trainers is available Mondays through Fridays from 7:30a.m. – 8:30p.m., by appointment only.
- A work out DVD library (incl. Zumba, P90X, Insanity) & a TV/DVD player is available for checkout within the facility; please call for availability.
- Waller PFC’s regulation-size collegiate basketball is often used for league and tournament play; the gymnasium is also available for change-of-command ceremonies and other special events.
FREE services offered:
- FREE Group Personal Training – By appointment only, between 7:30am – 8:30pm, Monday – Friday, 2:30pm – 8:00pm weekends. Group or individual sessions. All participants will meet with a certified personal trainer; the following are included: fitness assessment, goal setting, and workout sessions.
- FREE Intro to Equipment – By appointment only, between 7:30am – 8:30pm, Monday – Friday, 2:30pm – 8:00pm weekends. Groups or individuals. All participants will meet with a certified personal trainer who will introduce the proper way to use the equipment at Waller Physical Fitness Center.
- FREE Body Fat Analysis – By Appointment only, between 7:00am – 8:30pm, Monday – Friday, 2:30pm – 8:00pm on weekends. Body fat will be checked either with a hand-held body fat analyzer or with skin fold calipers.
- FREE Kickboxing class – Wednesdays 10:00am-11:00am. Burn off the weight in this sixty minute high energy class. Kickboxing will help improve your cardiovascular fitness and increase your strength through a variety of upper and lower body athletic drills.
- FREE Circuit Training/Conditioning Class –Tuesdays 11:00am-12:00pm. Improve your cardiovascular fitness and increase your strength through a variety of upper and lower body kickboxing & athletic drills.
- FREE Yoga Basics class – Fridays 6:45am – 7:45am. A class for all fitness levels – Increase your flexibility and balance, improve your alignment and functional strength, learn to breathe more efficiently and reduce stress.
FREE Spin Class –Tuesdays 6:45am-7:30am
This indoor cycling class is designed to increase your cardiovascular fitness through hill climbs, jumps, speed drills, and more. Arrive 10 minutes early and bring a water bottle.
FREE PT Class (Instructor’s Choice) – Wednesdays 6:45a.m.-7:30a.m.
Whatever it is – it’ll be awesome!!
FREE TRX Training – Mondays 12:00pm-1:00pm
A full body advanced circuit workout, using the TRX Suspension Trainer and
FREE Spin&Abs Class – Fridays 11:00a.m.-12:00p.m.
Half spinning, half abs/low back – great workout!